Saturday, July 11, 2009

nEw StArT~

My new semester just started. Now I am in the second year already. I cannot believe it that I am a senior right now. Time flies.
My course only has 1 junior this year. I cannot believe it. In our previous batch, we have 15 people. What happened to all the juniors this year? They don’t like Biology?
This semester I have to take 5 majors which are Cytogenetics, , Molecular approach in conservation, Entomology, Population genetics, and Plants physiology. In entomology, we need 2 collect 100 insects individually. Aaaargh….a lot of insects need to catch. Miss form 6. I still remembered how, when & where we went to catch our insects last time for our biology project.
Our group consists of 6 people- Suz, Siew Lay, Mayz, Seow Yee, Rebecca & I.
We went to catch the insects at Botanical Garden. I still remember the moments we met with monkeys here & there, some specimens being destroyed by them, how we act as foreigner from Japan, India when meet with the guards passing by at Botanical garden in order not to get caught by them. Actually, we are not allowed to catch insects there but what to do, we really need those insects for our project..haha.=P .Moment where we were running here & there in order to catch the insects. The smell of chloroform that none of us really like. We used a lot of chloroform to make those insects unconscious. But the chloroform not really works coz some insects did not really “faint” as it should be. Hahaha..XD
Now, I have a new direct senior, Yvonne. I am so happy. She is a very nice person. She gave me her notes yesterday. I am really grateful to have her as my direct senior this semester. She even gave me her dissecting set. Yvonne, thank u so much!!^^

To be continued…..

0 comments: